Tuesday 12 July 2011

Character sketches -- 1

My novel won’t be illustrated, but that hasn’t stopped me doodling the main characters. I’ll post some of the sketches here while I wait to hear what my editor thinks of the latest revision. This cluster of heads shows my search for a clear sense of Eddie, a troubled fourteen-year-old boy who spends most of the book (and the year 1940) on the run from a ghost he believes is trying to kill him. He’s right about that, but not in the way he thinks.
As ever, click for a closer look.  

6 comments:

  1. Awesome sketches. If I tried to sketch my characters they would look like sticks with poorly shaped heads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic, Thomas! Ah, to be talented ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just out of interest - which one did you settle on in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, he's an amalgam of the two colour images at the bottom. I'll probably post another image of Eddie soon.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.